Thursday 6 November 2008

JAKe's 3 Day Workshop

This was a great experience. A three day workshop on editorial illustration.

The workshop was based around the 12 day countdown to the U.S elections. Politics. Something I'm not totally interested in. But... It opened my eyes, I
did actually enjoy it. I picked at random, day 7,

Last stand for outgunned McCain

within the article, it pointed out the 'Air War', the effect of that is that wherever you go in America, you cannot switch on the TV without seeing Obama advertising. So i used this as my starting point for my illustration. The words Air War, immediately got the ol' brain ticking.

My first strong idea was Obama, as a plane, bombing America with his adverts. Dominating. Although in retrospect it does seem quite an obvious image, but i do think it works well.
My Second idea
came to me on the evening of the second day, over a quite puff and deep conversation with my brain.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Very interesting.so many Americans, have no concern with the murders, killers, thugs, thief's he has associated with all his life. His voting history confirms where his bed lays.

I'm from Chicago and I would not give 2 cents for a man of his back ground.

I have reached into my pocket and given more to the black, white, Mexican, Asian then he will ever give.

For 20 years he went to church and his pastor preached hate, I guess you and the rest like that.

His aunt lives as illegal welfare on east coast. I would think he would get her legal and provide her with a little assistance.

Don't bet his grand mother died of natural causes (his group does not need his grand mother saying once again, he was born in Kenya to reporter.

You had a slick sales man sell you a empty bag of goods and promises.

He is nigger rich, white poor. Nothing more.

So enjoy your happiness while it lasts.